Know What’s Hot for 2011, and Prepare Your Business for These Online Trends.
- It’s the year for social media marketing. In 2011, businesses will be executing social tactics that are fully integrated into the overall marketing strategy. Every company needs a social media marketing strategy and the right resources to manage it.
- Mobile marketing is on the go. Mobile marketing is on the go. The increase in smart-phone use and relaxed download caps on mobile phone plans has seen mobile marketing gain momentum. Tablet devices should now be a mainstream consideration in your digital marketing strategy.
- 2011 will see a new era of online video content, re-introducing the human element and changing the nature of communication; making it dynamic, interactive and instant. Video will be used more for mainstream online content and advertising.
- SEO is going to be complex (if it isn’t enough already!). Competition for Google heats up with Yahoo, Bing, Search.com, and social sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Getting your business on the first page of search results will become tougher. Mobile search and geo-location will further increase the challenges and surprises for search engine optimizers.
How Can You Make Changes in Your Business?
It is not too late to get in the game, and start making plans to incorporate internet marketing strategies in your marketing plan, if you haven’t already.
- Revisit your current marketing strategies and study the results from past campaigns. Seek the help of professional internet marketing consultant, if you don’t have an in-house resource to help you with this.
- Take the time to get industry trends and competitive analysis data before choosing? strategies for your business
- Implement strategies and monitor performance of campaigns regularly
- Analyze the campaign results and make further optimize the campaign as needed. Make adjustments to strategies based on these results.