Why is Email Marketing Still Important?
Why you should not ignore Email Marketing
People have misconceptions about Email Marketing:
- Email Marketing means SPAM
- Email Marketing is obsolete & old-school
- Email is a channel that you own
- 91% consumers check their email everyday
- Email lets you be highly personal
- 77% of consumers prefer email for marketing communication
- Email has a marketing ROI of 4,300%
Advantages of Email Marketing:
- Email Marketing is the most affordable marketing strategy, you can implement right away for your business
- Email Marketing helps you nurture your leads, so you become their go to resource?when they are ready to make a purchase
Build your Email List
Based on these statistics, you don’t have a reason to not consider email marketing for your business. Now, in order to for email marketing to be effective, you need a good email list to market to. Be sure to use permission based email list. Here are few ways you can?your email list.
- Add a lead form on your website to collect email addresses in return for resource download or other?promotions. LeadIn is a wordpress Plugin for Lead Form on?wordpress websites
- Add lead form on your blog?to collect email addresses in return for resource download or other promotions. LeadIn is a wordpress Plugin for Lead Form on?wordpress blogs
- When you meet people in networking groups and happen to get their business card, check and make sure if they are OK to receive email from you?on important updates
- When you meet new prospects, check if they are interested in receiving updates from you
- If you go on speaking engagements or conduct educational seminars, get permission from attendees to add them to your email list
Once you have a good email list,
- Segment the list based on industry, profession, function inside the company (marketing, sales, office manager, etc.) or any other criteria that makes sense for your business.
- Subscribe to an email marketing software to make your email professional and to measure the performance of your email marketing campaign. Constant contact, Mail Chimp, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, or GetResponse are few options to consider
- Build professional templates to appeal to different demographics in your lists
- Send out content at the right?time in your prospect or buyer’s journey, to help them make a decision on the product or service they are looking for
- Track the results & optimize your message next time, if necessary
Feel free to send us questions regarding email marketing for your business, from our Digital Marketing Website.
About the Author
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Don't stop the learning now!
Unlock the Potential of Generative AI for Your Business: Benefits and Concerns
What is Generative AI? In an ever-evolving technological landscape, companies are increasingly looking to artificial intelligence (AI) to …READ MORE